Volunteers are essential to the work we do at Victims of Crime NT. We value the diversity and sense of community that volunteering brings to our organisation. We rely on volunteers to help us offer our range of support services. Volunteer duties are varied and matched according to a volunteer’s skills and knowledge. They include:
- Providing practical and emotional support and information for victims at the time of the crisis through our 24-hour phone help line.
- Provide support to victims, their families and prosecution witnesses during their contact with the court and justice system.
- Contributing the victim’s perspective at conferences where the victim themselves is not able to attend
- Represent VoCNT at shows, expos and community activities to promote awareness of the organisation’s services
- Act as reception and first point of enquiry for VoCNT, at all times providing a warm and welcoming response and assist with an array of other administrative duties
All Volunteers are required to undergo a police check and obtain an ochre card. We offer comprehensive training and ongoing skills development opportunities.
Our volunteer training happens three times each year, the next is in March 2020.
Please register your interest in joining us as a volunteer by contacting our Volunteer Development Officer on 1800 672 242 during business hours or email: email@example.com