Volunteers are essential to the work we do at Victims of Crime NT. We value the diversity and sense of community that volunteering brings to our organisation. We rely on volunteers to help us offer our range of support services.
Volunteer duties are varied and matched according to a volunteer’s skills and knowledge. Our current volunteer roles include:
- Being a friendly and approachable face for victims/witnesses attending the Darwin Local Court.
- Assisting victims and/or witnesses with their orientation to the court.
- Providing opportunities for victims to be referred to a Victim Support Office (VSO) or other appropiate specialised services.
Afterhours Phone Support
- Providing practical and emotional support and information for victims at the time of the crisis through our 24-hour phone help line.
- Provide emotional support using a strengths-based approach that demonstrates active listening, empathy, reassurance and offers appropriate support options.
- Organise residential and business re secures by arranging contractor attendance afterhours or as soon as possible.
- Work with allocated staff members on projects that are aligned with volunteer skills and experience eg. Planning an event, analysis of crime statistics.
- Represent VoCNT at promotional events such as shows, expos and community activities to promote awareness of the organisation’s services.
- Assistance with carrying out home security assessments alongside our trained security assessors.
- Provide general administration and office support to VoCNT Staff as required.
All Volunteers are required to undergo a police check and obtain an ochre card. We offer comprehensive training and ongoing skills development opportunities.
Please register your interest in joining us as a volunteer by contacting our Volunteer Development Officer on 1800 672 242 Or 0447 229 019 during business hours or email: firstname.lastname@example.org