Resecure your Vehicle
This program is designed to minimise the disruption to daily life and get your vehicle back on the road as quickly as possible.
If you are the victim of a crime where your N.T registered vehicle has been damaged, making the vehicle unsafe or unroadworthy, Victims of Crime NT may be able to provide financial assistance up to $400 inc gst to help people get back on the road.
To be eligible for financial assistance, the following requirements apply:
· Incident occurred within the Northern Territory, reported to the NT Police and a PROMIS number obtained;
· Vehicle must be NT registered at the time of the incident;
· No comprehensive insurance policy applies;
· Have not previously accessed VoCNT’s Vehicle Resecure assistance;
· Personal vehicles only;
· Incident that has occurred within the last 7 days.
Damages making the vehicle unsafe or unroadworthy include:
· Glass breakage;
· Stolen vehicle keys;
· Headlight, indicator or mirror damage; and
· Additional damage to the vehicle that impacts the vehicles’ ability to pass a NT Government Road worthiness inspection – subject to approval.
Due to limited funding, financial assistance may not be provided, due to the following instances:
· Cosmetic damages (panel damage such as dents, scratches, paint);
· Comprehensive insurance excess fees;
· Vehicles holding comprehensive insurance;
· Vehicles not registered in the NT;
· Unregistered vehicles at the time of incident;
· Stolen property inside the vehicle.
Claims for financial assistance must be applied for no later than 7 days after incident.
Prior to making an application for assistance please ensure you have the following:
· PROMIS number; and
· Vehicle registration details.
To submit an application or discuss assistance in detail, please call our office on (08) 8941 0995.
We cover costs of vehicle resecuring up-to the value of $400 inc gst. Any additional costs in excess of $400 incl gst are payable by the vehicle owner.