Resecure your Vehicle
We are sorry to hear you have experienced an incident involving your vehicle.
After you have reported the incident to the Police, you can contact us during business hours:
Free call number – 1800 672 242
Darwin – 8941 0995
Alice Springs – 8952 4466.
If it is outside business hours, you may submit an enquiry below and we will be in touch the following business day.
If your vehicle has been damaged, making it unsafe or unroadworthy, Victims of Crime NT may be able to provide financial assistance of up to $400.00 including GST to get the vehicle back on the road.
- The incident must have been reported to the Police with PROMIS number obtained
- The vehicle must be registered in the NT at the time of the incident
- Personal vehicles only; business vehicles are not eligible to apply
- Incident that has occurred within the last seven days
Where people hold a comprehensive insurance policy, we ask that any free window claims are used before we can assist.
We CAN NOT cover your insurance excess fee.
Please note, this program is limited to one claim per year.
Damages that are covered
- Glass breakage
- Stolen vehicle keys
- Headlight, indicator, or mirror damage
- Other damages which impact the vehicles’ ability to pass an NTG road worthiness inspection – subject to approval
What is NOT covered
- Cosmetic damages (panel damage, paint, scratches, or dents)
- Comprehensive insurance excess fee
- Stolen property from inside the vehicle
If you have already, or would like to, arrange the repairs yourself, ensure you retain a copy of your tax invoice and a receipt from an ABN registered repairer. Once eligibility is confirmed, Victims of Crime NT will reimburse you according to the above requirements.
Alternatively, Victims of Crime NT can organise a referral to an ABN registered business that can invoice us directly for up to the eligible amount.
Please submit an enquiry below and we will be in contact during business hours to discuss eligibility.